Utozyme pessary - per box 20
Available only under veterinary prescription
An oxytetracycline antibiotic tablet which foams when inserted through the cervix into the uterus.
Oxytetracycline (as hydrochloride) 500mg
Can be used as a preventative (postnatal uterine cleansing) or a treatment for intrauterine infections in cattle, horses, sheep, goats and pigs.
Dose rate and administration
- With a clean gloved hand and arm pass one pessary (large tablet) through the cervix and deep into the uterus.
- Best results are achieved when the cervix is mostly closed as the tablet can be pushed out by the straining cow. This is a one off treatment.
- If symptoms of infection persist then seek veterinary advice.
- Store below 25 degrees Celcius
- Protect from moisture
- Milk: 36 hours
- Meat: 14 days (cattle, sheep, goats, pigs). 28 days for horses.
- ESI: Not established. Contact your veterinarian before using in cattle that may be exported.