Batt-Latch Gate Release Timer
The Batt-Latch is the world’s only portable solar-powered automatic gate opener timer.
Pre-programmed by the farmer, this timer can be used on any gate system, and is particularly suited to dairy farmers with feed pads or supplementary feeding.
In a paddock situation, the timer and a temporary gate replace the function of the normal gate.
Attach the Batt-Latch to one post with its adjustable webbing strap and then hook the supplied spring gate or bungy cord to the latch cam, stretch it across and clip it to the other post, or wire fence.
When the preset time is reached, the battery-powered internal motor/gearbox is activated by the timer, the cam turns 360° and the spring gate is released, enabling the stock to make their own way to the dairy, feed pad or other destination.
- Completely portable. No extra batteries, wires, bolts or assemblies required.
- Solar powered. Internal NiCad battery is continually recharged by solar panel on back of the unit making the Batt-Latch virtually maintenance free.
- Lightweight and small. Weighing less than 2kg, the Batt-Latch is easy to handle and carry and can easily fit in an overall pocket.
- Rugged and Waterproof: Made from UV stabilized polycarbonate composite; waterproofed with neoprene sealing gasket and O-rings and, underwater tested, the Batt-Latch is made to withstand the harsh conditions that a farming environment provides.
- Electronic control. Simple yet effective electronics allow the flexibility of multiple activations (releases) for any or all days of the week without having to continually reprogram each event.
- Excellent support and backup. 3 year standard warranty.
- More efficient use of time and labour
- Reduced wear and tear on vehicles running to or from gateways
- Animal health benefits. Many farmers report significant improvements to animal sore feet problems as the stock are under less stress when moving up races or from area to area as they graze. The Batt-Latch allows stock to move in their own time resulting in less bullying by dominant animals resulting in less foot problems, quieter stock and better producing animals.
- Less wear and tear on fences and race ways. Since the Batt-Latch allows stock to move in their own time, pressure on gateways, fences and race-ways is significantly reduced compared to situations where stock are driven by herd managers or dogs.