Gudair (Various Sizes)
- Gudair® is Australia's only vaccine for the control of ovine Johne’s disease (OJD).
- It contains inactivated (killed) Mycobacterium paratuberculosis strain 316F and when combined with the adjuvant offers protection against the development of clinical OJD and a reduction in faecal shedding of the organism in sheep.
A single 1 mL dose provides protection for life.
Following whole flock vaccination, producers should see:
- Significant decrease in the number of clinically affected animals over time
- Decrease in the number of mortalities associated with OJD
- Gradual decrease in the prevalence of infection within the flock
- Notable decrease in faecal M.paratuberculosis shedding.
Inactivated (killed) vaccine and will not introduce the disease into the flock.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR USE
- Active immunisation for the control of ovine Johne's disease and reduction of faecal Mycobacterium paratuberculosis shedding in sheep.
- Active immunisation as an aid in the control of Johne's disease in goats.
It’s strongly recommended to use the Gudair Sekurus® 1mL Safety vaccinator when administering Gudair and use a 6mm, ¼ inch needle.
- Its safety features reduce the risk of accidental self-injection.