Sheepguard LA 2% 500ml
For the treatment and control of roundworms, nasal bot and itchmite in sheep.
For protection against severe challenge by Haemonchus contortus (barber's pole worm) for up to 4 months. Contains moxidectin (20 g/L), a potent ML (Macrocyclic lactone or ‘mectin’).
• Broad spectrum worm control.
• Control of many internal and external parasites.
• Highly potent injectable formulation.
• Ideal for highly contaminated pastures.
• Ideal for low immunity animals such as pregnant or lactating ewes and weaners.
• Can be administered along with drench from another chemical group and vaccines. • Protects against severe challenge by barber’s pole worm for up to 4 months.
• Long acting protection against the three major production-limiting worms up to 91 days.
Approved Uses When Sheepguard Long Acting Injection for Sheep is used at the recommended dose rate as a single subcutaneous injection, it prevents reinfection of sheep with nematodes as in the following table: Protection H. contortus T.(O.) circumcinta T. colubriformis Prevents reinfection of sheep with worms Not less than 91 days Not less than 91 days Up to 49 days Sheepguard Long Acting Injection for Sheep has been shown to protect sheep against severe challenge by H. contortus for up to 4 months. Sheepguard Long Acting Injection for Sheep is effective against benzimidazole and levamisole resistant strains of H. contortus, T. colubriformis and T.(O.) circumcincta. Sheepguard has shown efficacy against a number of avermectin resistant strains of H. contortus and Teladorsagia (Ostertagia) spp.
However, as Sheepguard shares a similar mechanism of action to avermectins, it SHOULD NOT be used where avermectin resistance is present, except where specifically recommended by an advisor.